By Andrew Holland
Give your scholars the easiest probability of luck with this attempted and established sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to heritage is the most well-liked, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level historical past students.
- helps the content material and overview specifications of the 2015 A-level background specifications
- comprises authoritative and interesting content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that study the opposing perspectives and ways of historians
- presents exam-style questions and tips for every appropriate specification to aid scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This identify is acceptable for quite a few classes including:
- OCR: Russia and its Rulers 1855-1964
Read Online or Download Access to History: Russia and its Rulers 1855-1964 for OCR Second Edition PDF
Similar russian history books
From 1931 to 1936, Stalin vacationed at his Black Sea place of abode for 2 to 3 months every year. whereas clear of Moscow, he depended on correspondence along with his subordinates to obtain details, watch over the paintings of the Politburo and the govt, supply orders, and exhibit his reviews. This e-book publishes for the 1st time translations of 177 handwritten letters and coded telegrams exchanged in this interval among Stalin and his such a lot hugely depended on deputy, Lazar Kaganovich.
In a little-known episode on the peak of global conflict I, President Woodrow Wilson dispatched hundreds of thousands of yankee infantrymen to Siberia. Carl J. Richard convincingly exhibits that Wilson’s unique purpose used to be to allow Czechs and anti-Bolshevik Russians to rebuild the japanese entrance opposed to the significant Powers.
Within the “Thaw” following Stalin’s loss of life, probing conversations in regards to the nation’s violent previous came about within the literary magazine Novyi mir (New World). Readers’ letters demonstrate that dialogue of the phobia used to be significant to highbrow and political lifestyles through the USSR’s final a long time. Denis Kozlov indicates how minds swap, even in a closed society.
Initially released in 1928, this quantity examines the assumption of being Europasian - that's Russia's area of expertise as a rustic belonging to and motivated via either Europe and Asia. The booklet is split into three components: the 1st outlines unwesternized Russia and argues that the land, her races, background and tradition as much as Peter the nice are Europasian.
- The Soviet–Afghan War 1979–89 (Essential Histories)
- The USA in the Making of the USSR: The Washington Conference 1921-22 and 'Uninvited Russia' (Routledge Studies in the History of Russia and Eastern Europe)
- The Long Life and Swift Death of Jewish Rechitsa: A Community in Belarus, 1625–2000
- The Russian Civil War 1918–22 (Essential Histories)
Extra resources for Access to History: Russia and its Rulers 1855-1964 for OCR Second Edition
Access to History: Russia and its Rulers 1855-1964 for OCR Second Edition by Andrew Holland