By Michael Lynch
This is an OCR counseled resource.
Give your scholars the easiest probability of luck with this attempted and verified sequence, combining in-depth research, attractive narrative and accessibility. entry to heritage is the preferred, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level heritage students.
- helps the content material and evaluation necessities of the 2015 A-level heritage specifications
- comprises authoritative and interesting content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that study the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- offers exam-style questions and information for every correct specification to aid scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This name is appropriate for quite a few classes including:
- OCR: Russia 1894-1941
Read or Download Access to History: Russia 1894-1941 for OCR Second Edition PDF
Best russian history books
From 1931 to 1936, Stalin vacationed at his Black Sea place of dwelling for 2 to 3 months every year. whereas clear of Moscow, he trusted correspondence together with his subordinates to obtain info, watch over the paintings of the Politburo and the govt, supply orders, and exhibit his critiques. This ebook publishes for the 1st time translations of 177 handwritten letters and coded telegrams exchanged in this interval among Stalin and his so much hugely relied on deputy, Lazar Kaganovich.
In a little-known episode on the peak of worldwide struggle I, President Woodrow Wilson dispatched millions of yankee squaddies to Siberia. Carl J. Richard convincingly exhibits that Wilson’s unique motive was once to allow Czechs and anti-Bolshevik Russians to rebuild the japanese entrance opposed to the important Powers.
Within the “Thaw” following Stalin’s loss of life, probing conversations in regards to the nation’s violent earlier happened within the literary magazine Novyi mir (New World). Readers’ letters exhibit that dialogue of the phobia used to be critical to highbrow and political lifestyles through the USSR’s final many years. Denis Kozlov exhibits how minds switch, even in a closed society.
Initially released in 1928, this quantity examines the belief of being Europasian - that's Russia's strong point as a rustic belonging to and motivated by way of either Europe and Asia. The e-book is split into three elements: the 1st outlines unwesternized Russia and argues that the land, her races, background and tradition as much as Peter the nice are Europasian.
- Everyday Law in Russia
- Freedom, Repression, and Private Property in Russia
- Soviet Union at War 1941-1945, The
- Historical Dictionary of the Crimean War (Historical Dictionaries of War, Revolution, and Civil Unrest)
- Ritratti di Russia al femminile: Leggenda, letteratura, cronaca: 141 (Le Sfere) (Italian Edition)
Additional resources for Access to History: Russia 1894-1941 for OCR Second Edition
Access to History: Russia 1894-1941 for OCR Second Edition by Michael Lynch